CSAP’s National Youth Survey/Social Disorganization Scale
Elliot‚ D.S.‚ Huizinga‚ D.‚ & Ageton‚ S.S. (1985)
1. How often do you go to sports practice or play in games?
2. How often do you take lessons or attend classes out of school?
3. How often do you go to meetings or activities for a club or youth group?
4. How often do you talk to an adult about what you are doing or thinking?
5. Last summer how often did you go to a summer program for learning or for fun?
Almost every day/ Once or twice a week/ A few times a month/ A few times a year/ Never
This instrument can be found on pages 189-190 of Core Measures Initiative Phase I Recommendations‚ Center for Substance Abuse Prevention. Available online at:http://vvv.dmhas.state.ct.us/sig/pdf/uconn/core_measures.pdf
Author: Dr. Delbert S. Elliot
Institute for Behavioral Science #9
Campus Box 442
University of Colorado
Boulder‚ CO 80309
Source: Dr. Soledad Sambrano
Center for Substance Abuse Prevention
5515 Security Lane
Rockville‚ MD 20852
Elliot‚ D.S.‚ Huizinga‚ D.‚ & Ageton‚ S.S. (1985). Explaining Delinquency and Drug Use. Newbury Park‚ CA: Sage.