1. Continually cleaning up messes of toys or food
2. Being nagged‚ whined at‚ complained to
3. Meal-time difficulties with picky eaters‚ complaining etc.
4. The kids won’t listen or do what they are asked without being nagged
5. Baby-sitters are hard to find
6. The kids schedules (like pre-school or other activities) interfere with meeting your own household needs
7. Sibling arguments or fights require a ‘referee’
8. The kids demand that you entertain them or play with them
9. The kids resist or struggle with you over bed-time
10. The kids are constantly underfoot‚ interfering with other chores
11. The need to keep a constant eye on where the kids are and what they are doing
12. The kids interrupt adult conversations or interactions
13. having to change your plans because of unprecedented child needs
14. The kids get dirty several times a day requiring changes of clothing
15. Difficulties in getting privacy (eg. in the bathroom)
16. The kids are hard to manage in public (grocery store‚ shopping centre‚ restaurant)
17. Difficulties in getting kids ready for outings and leaving on time
18. Difficulties in leaving kids for a night out or at school or day care
19. The kids have difficulties with friends (eg. fighting‚ trouble‚ getting along‚ or no friends available)
20. having to run extra errands to meet the kids needs
How often it happens (1=Rarely‚ 2=Sometimes‚ 3=A lot‚ 4=Constantly and Never=0)
Hassle (low 1‚ 2‚ 3‚ 4‚ 5 high)
Challenging behavior items: 2‚ 4‚ 8‚ 9‚ 11‚ 12‚ 16
Parenting tasks items: 1‚ 6‚ 7‚ 10‚ 13‚ 14‚ 17‚ and 20
Intensity items: 3‚ 5‚ 15‚ 18‚ and 19
Crnic‚ Keith A& Greenberg‚ Mark T. (1990). Minor parenting stresses with young children. Child Development. 61(5): 1628–1637
Crnic ‚ Keith A & Booth‚ Cathryn L. (1991). Mothers’ and fathers’ perceptions of daily hassles of parenting across early childhood. Journal of Marriage and the Family. 53: 1043–1050.
Coplan‚ R.J.‚ Bowker‚ A.‚ & Cooper‚ S.M. (2003). Parenting daily hassles‚ child temperament‚ and social adjustment in preschool. Early Childhood Research Quarterly‚ 18(3)‚ 376-395.
Mazur‚ E. (2006). Biased appraisals of parenting daily hassles among mothers of young children: Predictors of parenting adjustment. Cognitive Therapy & Research‚ 30(2)‚ 161-175.
Yagmurlu‚ B.‚ & Sanson‚ A. (2009). Parenting and temperament as predictors of prosocial behaviour in Australian and Turkish Australian children. Australian Journal of Psychology‚ 61(2)‚ 77-88.