1. I would like my body to look like the people who are on TV.
2. I wish I looked as athletic as the people in magazines.
3. I try to look like the people in music videos.
4. I compare my body to the bodies of people who appear in magazines.
5. I would like my body to look like the people who are in movies.
6. I try to look like sports athletes.
7. I compare my body to the bodies of TV and movie stars.
8. I wish I looked like the models in music videos.
9. I would like my body to look like the models who appear in magazines.
10. I wish I looked as athletic as sports stars.
11. I try to look like the people on TV.
12. I compare my appearance to the appearance of TV and movie stars.
Sociocultural Attitudes Towards Appearance Questionnaire – Revised (SATAQ- R)
1= Completely Disagree‚ 2‚ 3=Neither Agree Nor Disagree‚ 4‚ 5= Completely Agree
Cusumano‚ D.L.‚ & Thompson‚ J.K. (2000). Media influence and body image in 8 – 11year-old boys and girls: A preliminary report on the multidimensional media influence scale. International Journal of Eating Disorders‚ 29‚ 37-44.
Steinberg‚ Ari R.‚ “The development and validation of the Thinness Expectancy Questionnaire (TEQ)” (2004). Graduate Theses and Dissertations. http://scholarcommons.usf.edu/etd/1257