1. My mother gives me good advice.
2. The advice my mother gives me is helpful when we talk about important topics.
3. When I need good advice about something important‚ I go to my mother for help.
1. I can trust my mother when we talk.
2. My mother keeps her promises to me.
3. My mother is honest with me.
1. It is difficult for my mother and me to find a time to talk.
2. My mother is too busy when I want to talk to her about things.
3. My mother has trouble finding time to talk with me.
1. My daughter thinks I give good advice to her.
2. My daughter finds my advice helpful when we talk about important topics.
3. When my daughter needs good advice about something important‚ she comes to me for help.
1. My daughter trusts me when we talk.
2. My daughter knows that I will keep my promises to her.
3. My daughter knows I am honest with her.
1. It is difficult for my daughter and me to find a time to talk.
2. I find I am too busy when my daughter wants to talk with me about things.
3. I have trouble finding time to talk with my daughter
Adolescents: alpha for the expertise‚ trustworthiness‚ and accessibility 0.72‚ 0.82 and 0.73
Mothers: alpha for the expertise‚ trustworthiness‚ and accessibility 0.70‚ 0.68‚ and 0.70
This instrument can be found on pages 59-60 of Latino Families and Youth: A Compendium of Assessment Tools‚ available online at: http://www.paho.org/hq/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_view&gid=23171&Itemid=
1 = Strongly agree
2 = Moderately agree
3 = Neither agree nor disagree
4 = Moderately disagree
5 = Strongly disagree
Guilamo-Ramos‚ V.‚ Jaccard‚ J.‚ Dittus‚ P.‚ & Bouris‚ A. (2006). Paternal expertise‚ trustworthiness‚ and accessibility: Parent-adolescent communication and adolescent risk behavior. Journal of Marriage and Family‚ 69(5)‚ 12-29.