1. Life is full of pleasures
2. There are many things that make me love life
3. Love of life adds to its beauty
4. Life deserves to be loved
5. Love of life makes me happy
6. Life seems beautiful and wonderful to me
7. I look at life from its beautiful side
8. Love of life gives me hope
9. I would like to have a long life to achieve what I hope for
10.Love of life brings me satisfaction
11.Life is a treasure we should guard
12.Life is beautifully meaningful
13.Life is a blessing whose value we should appreciate
14.I realize that my existence in this life has great meaning
15.I always have a wonderful feeling of loving life
16.I like to be optimistic about life
1=No‚ 2=A Little‚ 3=Moderate‚ 4=Much‚ 5=Very Much
Positive attitude towards life (items: 1‚ 2‚ 4‚ 6‚ 7‚ 12‚ 15‚ and 16); Happy consequences of love of life (items: 3‚ 5‚ 8‚ and 10); Meaningfulness of life (items: 9‚ 11‚ 13‚ and 14).
Abdel-Khalek‚ A. M. (1996). Manual for the Arabic Scale of Optimism and Pessimism [in Arabic]. Alexandria‚ Egypt: Dar Al-Ma’rifa Al-Jamiyah.
Abdel-Khalek‚ A. (2007). Love of life as a new construct in the well-being domain. Social Behavior and Personality‚ 35‚ 125–134.
Abdel-Khalek‚ A. (2007). Love of life and death distress: Two separate factors. Omega‚ 55‚ 267–278.
Abdel-Khalek A. M. (2013). Love of Life Scale (LLS). In: Simmons C. A.‚ Lehmann P. (eds). Tools for strengths-based assessment and evaluation‚ New York‚ NY: Springer‚ pp. 59–61. (2013). Google Scholar
Vahid‚ M.K.‚ Dadfar‚ M.‚ Abdel-Khalek‚ A.M.‚ Lester‚ D. (2016). Psychometric Properties of the Persian Version of the Love of Life Scale. Psychological Reports‚ 119(2):505-515