Communication-Connection with the father
1. M y father spends time every day talking with the children.
2. I am satisfied with the way my father and I talk with each other.
3. I t is easy to express my feelings to my father.
4. M y father understands me.
5. I f I am in a difficult situation‚ I can tell my father.
Communication-Connection with the mother
6. M y mother spends time every day talking with the children.
7. I am satisfied with the way my mother and I talk with each other.
8. I t is easy to express my feelings to my mother.
9. M y mother understands me.
10. I f I am in a difficult situation‚ I can tell my mother.
Communication-Connection with the nuclear family
11. We share a meal every day.
12. We do something together as a family at least once a week.
13. We like to spend our free time together.
14. We share household tasks and responsibilities.
- family relationships
This instrument can be found on pages 23-25 of Latino Families and Youth: A Compendium of Assessment Tools‚ available online at: http://www.paho.org/hq/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_view&gid=23171&Itemid=
Point values are assigned as follows:
0 = Never
0 = Very rarely
1 = Sometimes
2 = Frequently
2 = Almost always
All the questions should be answered.