In the future I expect that I will . . .
1. succeed at most things I try.
2. be listened to when I speak.
3. carry through my responsibilities successfully.
4. get the promotions I deserve.
5. have successful close personal relationships.
6. handle unexpected problems successfully.
7. make a good impression on people I meet for the first time.
8. attain the career goals I set for myself.
9. experience many failures in my life.*
10.have a positive influence on most of the people with whom I interact.
11.be able to solve my own problems.
12.acquire most of the things that are important to me.
13.find that no matter how hard I try‚ things just don’t turn out the way I would like. *
14.be a good judge of what it takes to get ahead.
15.handle myself well in whatever situation I’m in.
16.reach my financial goals.
17.have problems working with others. *
18.discover that the good in life outweighs the bad.
19.be successful in my endeavors in the long run.
20.be unable to accomplish my goals. *
21.be very successful working out my personal life.
22.succeed in the projects I undertake.
23.discover that my plans don’t work out too well. *
25.have rewarding intimate relationships.
* Reverse Score
1 = Highly improbable‚ 2 = Improbable‚ 3 = Equally improbable and probable‚ not sure‚ 4 = Probable‚ 5 = Highly probable
This instrument can be found at: https://eurekamag.com/pdf.php?pdf=007930556
W. Daniel Hale and C. D. Cochran (1992). Generalized Expectancy for Success Scale- revised (GESS-R). In: Kevin Corcoran and Joel Fischer (eds). Measures for Clinical Practice and Research‚ Volume 2: Adults‚ Oxford University press‚ 2013‚ pp. 327-328