In the future Expect mat will...
1. find that people don't seem to understand what am trying to say.*
2. be discouraged about my ability to gain the respect of others.*
3. be a good parent.
4. Be unable to accomplish my goals.*
5. Have stressful marital relationship.
6. Deal poorly with emergency situations.*
7. Find my efforts to change situations don't like are ineffective.*
8. Not be very good at learning new skills.*
9. Carry through my responsibilities successfully.
10.Discover that the good in life outweighs the bad.
11.Handle unexpected problems successfully.
12.Get the promotions deserve.
13.Succeed in the projects undertake.
14.Not make any significant contributions to society.*
15.Discover that my life is not getting much better.*
16.Be listened to when speak.
17.Discover that my plans don't work out too well.
18.Find that no matter how hard try‚ things just don't turn out the way would like.*
19.Handle myself well in whatever situation I'm in.*
20.Be able to solve my own problems.
21.Succeed at most things try.
22.Be successful in my endeavors in the long run.
23.Be very successful working out my personal life.
24.Experience many failures in my life.*
25.Make good first impression on people meet for the first time.
26.Attain the career goals have set for myself.
27.Have difficulty dealing with my superiors.*
28.Have problems working with others.*
29.Be good judge of what it takes to get ahead.
* Reverse Score
1 = Highly improbable‚ 2 = Improbable‚ 3 = Equally improbable and probable‚ not sure‚ 4 = Probable‚ 5 = Highly probable
General efficacy (4‚ 8‚ 9‚ 10‚ 12‚ 13‚ 15‚ 16‚ 21‚ and 22)‚ Long career oriented (14‚ 17‚ 24‚ 25‚ 26‚ 29‚ 30)‚ Personal problem solving (3‚ 5‚ 6‚ 11‚ 19‚ 20‚ 23‚ and 28)
This instrument can be found at: Kevin Corcoran and Joel Fischer (eds). 2013 Google Scholar
Bobbi Fibel and W. Daniel Hale. (1978). Generalized Expectancy for Success Scale (GESS). In: Kevin Corcoran and Joel Fischer (eds). Measures for Clinical Practice and Research‚ Volume 2: Adults‚ Oxford University press‚ 2013‚ pp. 168-169.