1. Have you been deliberately trying to limit the amount of food you eat to influence your shape or weight?
2. Have you gone for long periods of time (8 hours or more) without eating anything in order to influence your shape or weight?
3. Have you tried to avoid eating any foods which you like in order to influence your shape or weight?
4. Have you tried to follow definite rules regarding your eating in order to influence your shape or weight; for example‚ a calorie limit‚ a set amount of food‚ or rules about what or when you should eat?
5. Have you wanted your stomach to be empty?
6. Has thinking about food or its calorie content made it much more difficult to concentrate on things you are interested in; for example‚ read‚ watch TV or follow a conversation?
7. Have you been afraid of losing control over your eating?
8. Have you had episodes of binge eating?
9. Have you eaten in secret? (do not count binges.)
10. Have you definitely wanted your stomach to be flat?
11. Has thinking about shape or weight made it much more difficult to concentrate on things you are interested in; for example‚ read‚ watch TV or follow a conversation?
12. Have you had a definite fear that you might gain weight or become fat?
13. Have you felt fat?
14. Have you had a strong desire to lose weight?
15. On what proportion of times that you have eaten have you felt guilty because of the effect on your shape or weight? (Do not count binges.) (Circle the number which applies.)
0 – None of the times
1 – A few of the times
2 – Less than half the times
3 – Half the times
4 – More than half the times
5 – Most of the time
6 – Every time
29. Has your weight influenced how you think about (judge) yourself as a person?
30. Has your shape influenced how you think about (judge) yourself as a person?
31. How much would it upset you if you had to weigh yourself once a week for the next four weeks?
32. How dissatisfied have you felt about your weight?
33. How dissatisfied have you felt about your shape?
34. How concerned have you been about other people seeing you eat?
35. How uncomfortable have you felt seeing your body; for example in the mirror‚ in shop window reflections‚ while undressing or taking a bath or shower?
35. How uncomfortable have you felt about others seeing your body; for example in communal changing rooms‚ when swimming or wearing tight clothes?
Luce‚ K.H. & Crowther‚ J.H. (1999). The reliability of the eating disorder examination self-report questionnaire version (EDE-Q). International Journal of Eating Disorders‚ 25‚349- 351.
Fairburn‚ C.G. & Beglin‚ S.J (1994). Assessment of eating disorders: Interview of self-report questionnaire? International Journal of Eating Disorders‚ 16‚ 363 – 370.