1. I frequently overeat‚ even when I plan not to.
2. My friends would laugh at me if they knew how much I eat.
3. At times‚ it seems impossible to control my weight.
4. I sometimes have the urge to vomit after eating.
5. I think a lot about getting fat.
6. Dieting just doesn't work for me.
7. Sometimes I go on eating binges.
8. Before I eat‚ I often feel depressed.
9. My life seems to revolve around food.
10.I eat snacks even when I am not hungry.
11.I can normally control my eating behavior.
12.Even when I try‚ I have trouble controlling my weight.
13.I give up on diets after a few days.
14.I often eat more food than I want.
15.I spend too much time eating.
16.Most of the time I can resist the urge to stuff myself.
17.I bounce between feeling that I don't have enough control of my eating to feeling that I try too hardto control it.
18.I overeat when I am distressed.
19.After a diet‚ I usually go on an eating binge.
20.I think about food often.
21.I frequently overeat.
22.Sometimes I eat so much I get sick.
23.I wish I could better control my eating.
24.If I am not careful‚ I know I will get fat.
25.I can't control how much I eat.
26.My weight makes me look unattractive.
27.I think I have a problem with my eating.
28.I often find myself eating‚ even when I didn't plan to.
29.I can't help overeating.
30.At times‚ it seems impossible to control my eating habits.
1 = Agree strongly‚ 2 = Agree moderately‚ 3 = Neither agree nor disagree‚ 4 = Disagree moderately‚ 5 = Disagree strongly
reverse scored items: 11‚ and 16
This instrument can be found at: lib.dr.iastate.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=10626&context=rtd
Ascheman‚ P. L. (1989). Development of an eating self-efficacy expectation measure. Unpublished master's thesis‚ Iowa State University‚ Ames.
Ascheman‚ Philip Lawrence‚ "A validation study of a measure of dieting self-efficacy " (1991). Retrospective Theses and Dissertations. Iowa State University. Paper 9627.