Anderson et al.‚ 2003
In general‚ I believe that I:
1. know what part(s) of taking care of my diabetes that I am dissatisfied with.
2. am able to turn my diabetes goals into a workable plan.
3. can try out different ways of overcoming barriers to my diabetes goals.
4. can find ways to feel better about having diabetes.
6. can ask for support for having and caring for my diabetes when I need it.
7. know what helps me stay motivated to care for my diabetes.
8. know enough about myself as a person to make diabetes care choices that are right for me.
Managing the psychosocial aspects of diabetes with 9 items (α = 0.93)‚ Assessing dissatisfaction and readiness to change with 9 items (α = 0.81)‚ and Setting and achieving goals with 10 items (α = 0.91).
5= Strongly Agree‚ 4= Somewhat Agree‚ 3= Neutral‚ 2= Somewhat Disagree‚ 1= Strongly Disagree
This instrument can be found at: http://diabetesresearch.med.umich.edu/Tools_SurveyInstruments.php