Tolan‚ Gorman-Smith & Henry‚ 2001
1. I visit with my neighbors in their homes.
2. If I needed advice about something I could go to someone in my neighborhood.
3. I regularly stop and talk with people in my neighborhood.
4. I know most of the names of people on my block.
5. I would feel comfortable asking to borrow some food or a tool from people on my block.
6. I would feel comfortable asking people on my block to watch my home while I was away.
Point values are assigned as follows:
Reverse code items 1‚ 2‚ 3‚ 4 and 5. Compute a mean score from these five items. Ignore item 6.
Tolan PH‚ Gorman-Smith D‚ Henry DB. Chicago Youth Development Study Community andNeighborhood Measure: construction and reliability technical report. Families and Communities Research Group‚ Department of Psychiatry‚ The University of Illinois at Chicago‚ 2001.