Co-Dependency Inventory (CODI)
1. I try to take charge of things when I am with people I care about.
2. Disapproval by someone I care about is very painful for me.
3. I often do things without knowing why.
4. I put the needs of people I care about before my own needs.
5. I try to have other people do things the way I want them done.
6. I would be completely lost if / didn’t have someone special.
7. I often feel like a stranger to myself.
8. I am loyal to others I care about even thought they don’t deserve my loyalty.
9. I let other people I care about decide what to do.*
10.I tend to expect too much from others who are important to me.
11.I often hide my true feelings from people I care about.
12.I blame myself for things that go wrong in my relationships.
13.I let other people who are important to me influence my actions.*
14.I feel that I never get all that I need from people I care about.
15.Sometimes it’s hard for me to make up my mind because I don’t know how I really feel about anything.
16.Sometimes I let down my standards and accept less from people who are important to me.
17.I let other people take charge of things.*
18.I think most people don’t realize how easily they can hurt me.
19.I avoid talking about my problems.
20.I don’t spend as much time with my friends as I would like to.
21.I try to influence the people who are important to me.
22.I tend to imagine the worst if someone I love doesn’t arrive when expected.
23.Sometimes I don’t know what / want so I do what other people want me to do.
24.I am influenced by the feelings of people I care about.
25.I am easily led by people who are important to me.*
26.I have always had a terrible fear that I will lose the love and support of people I care about.
27.I often pretend things are fine when really they are not.
28.I often take on the responsibilities of people who are important for me.
29.I would feel helpless if I was deserted by someone I love.
* reverse score
Need to control‚ Interpersonal dependency‚ Self-alienation‚ Enmeshment
0 = never‚ 1= Sometimes‚ 2= Often‚ 3= Always
This instrument can be found at: Fischer‚ Joel.‚ Corcoran‚ Kevin J. (2007 ). Measures for Clinical Practice and research: A sourcebook. (4th ed.). NY. Oxford University Pr. Vol. 1‚ Page (s): 221-223.
tonebrink‚ S. (1988). A measure of co-dependency and the impact of socio-cultural characteristics. Unpublished master’s Thesis‚ University of Hawaii‚ School of Social Work
Stonebrink‚ S. (1988). Co-Dependency Inventory (CODI). IN Fischer‚ Joel.‚ Corcoran‚ Kevin J. (2007 ). Measures for Clinical Practice and research: A sourcebook. (4th ed.). NY. Oxford University Pr. Vol. 1‚ Page (s): 221-223.