1. Some kids want to play a game. Asking them if you can you play is___?__ for you.
2. Some kids are arguing about how to play a game. Telling them tostop is __?___ for you.
3. Some kids are teasing your friends. Telling them to stop is __?___for you.
4. You want to start a game. Asking other kids to play the game is___?__for you.
5. A kid tries to take your turn during a game. Telling the kid it’s yourturn is __?__ for you.
6. Some kids are going to lunch. Asking if you can go with them is___?__ for you.
7. A kid cuts in front of you in line. Telling the kid not to cut is___?___for you.
8. A kid wants to do something that will get you into trouble. Askingthe kid to do something else is __?___for you.
9. Some kids are making fun of someone in your classroom. Tellingthem to stop is ___?__ for you.
10. Some kids need more people to be on their teams. Asking to be onthe team is ___?___for you.
11. You have to carry some things home from school. Asking anotherkid to help you is ___?__ for you.
12. A kid always wants to be first when you play a game. Telling the kidthat you are going first is ___?___for you.
13. Your class is going on a trip and everyone needs a partner. Askingsomeone to be your partner is ____?___ for you.
14. A kid does not like your friend. Telling the kid to be nice to yourfriend is __?__for you.
15. Some kids are deciding what game to play. Telling them what gameyou like is __?__ for you.
16. You are having fun playing a game but other kids want to stop.Asking them to finish playing the game is __?__ for you.
17. You are working on a project. Asking another kid to helpis___?___for you.
18. Some kids are using your play area. Asking them to move is __?__for you.
19. Some kids are deciding what to do after school. Telling them whatyou want to do is __?__ for you.
20. A group of kids wants to play a game that you don’t like. Askingthem to play a game that you like is __?__ for you.
21. Some kids are planning a party. Asking them to invite your friend is__?__ for you
22. A kid is yelling at you. Telling the kid to stop is __?__ for you.
- social self-efficacy
This instrument can be found on page 127-128 of Assessing Outcomes in Child and Youth Programs: A Practical Handbook‚ available online at: http://fyi.uwex.edu/topic/youth/
7-10 (Grades 3-8).
1=HARD!‚ 2= Hard‚ 3= Easy and 4= EASY!
The subscale items are summed to produce total scores. Items for efficacy in conflict situations subscale are 1‚4‚6‚10‚11‚13‚15‚17‚19‚21. Items for the non-conflict situations subscale are 2‚3‚5‚7‚8‚9‚12‚14‚16‚18‚20‚22. All 22 items can also be combined and summed to produce a total score of children’s self-efficacy in peer interactions.
Permission: Not needed for use of this scale.
Wheeler‚ V. A.‚ & Ladd‚ G. W. (1982) Assessment of children’s self-efficacy for social interactions with peers. Developmental Psychology‚ 18 (6)‚ 795-805.