Caregiver Abuse Screen (CASE) is a screening tool designed to identify potential cases of abuse or neglect of elderly or disabled adults by their caregivers. The tool is used by healthcare professionals, social workers, and other professionals who work with elderly or disabled adults. The CASE tool consists of a series of questions that are designed to assess the risk of abuse or neglect. These questions cover topics such as the caregiver's relationship with the adult, the caregiver's attitude and behavior, and the adult's physical and mental health. The questions are designed to be answered by the adult or the caregiver, depending on the situation. The CASE tool is designed to be used in conjunction with other assessment and evaluation tools, such as physical and mental health assessments, to provide a comprehensive assessment of the risk of abuse or neglect. The tool is designed to be used in a variety of settings, including hospitals, long-term care facilities, and home health care settings. The CASE tool is designed to be used in a variety of ways, including as a screening tool, to identify potential cases of abuse or neglect, and as a tool for monitoring and evaluating the care of elderly or disabled adults. The tool is designed to help healthcare professionals, social workers, and other professionals identify and address potential cases of abuse or neglect.
Please answer the following questions as a helper or caregiver with yes or no
1. Do you sometimes have trouble making (___) control his/her temper or aggression?
2. Do you often feel you are being forced to act out of character or do things you feel bad about?
3. Do you find it difficult to manage (___’s) behavior?
4. Do you sometimes feel that you are forced to be rough with (___)?
5. Do you sometimes feel you can’t do what is really necessary or what should be done for (___)?
6. Do you often feel you have to reject or ignore (___)?
7. Do you often feel so tired and exhausted that you cannot meet (___‘s) needs?
8. Do you often feel you have to yell at (___)?
A response of “no” to items 6‚ 8‚ 13‚ and 15 and a response of “yes” to all other score in the abused direction.
This instrument can be found at: http://www.ahrq.gov/downloads/pub/prevent/pdfser/famviolser.pdf