1. When a teacher calls on me in class
2. When talking to someone about a personal topic
3. When I'm embarrassed
4. When I'm introduced to someone I don't know
5. When I've been caught doing something improper or shameful
7. When a group of people sings "Happy Birthday" to me
8. When I'm around someone I want to impress
9. When talking to a teacher or boss
10.When speaking in front of a group of people
11.When someone looks me right in the eye
12.When someone pays me a compliment
13.When I've looked stupid or incompetent in front of others
14.When I'm talking to a member of the other sex
Additional items In the Dutch version are:
15.When I’m being accused of blushing
16.When I think I may start blushing
17.When the subject of conversation is sex
18.When I’m interacting with someone who I find attractive
19.When I’m criticized
1 = I NEVER feel myself blush in this situation.
2 = I RARELY feel myself blush in this situation.
3 = I OCCASIONALLY feel myself blush in this situation.
4 = I OFTEN feel myself blush in this situation.
5 = I ALWAYS feel myself blush in this situation.
This instrument can be found at: http://people.duke.edu/~leary/scales.html & http://repository.ubn.ru.nl/bitstream/handle/2066/22970/22970.PDF