This questionnaire is designed to help us gain a better understanding of the kinds of things that create difficulties for teachers in their school activities. Please indicate your opinions about each of the statements below by circling the appropriate number. Your answers will be kept strictly confidential and will not be identified by name.
Efficacy to Influence Decision making
1. How much can you influence the decisions that are made in the school?
2. How much can you express your views freely on important school matters?
Efficacy to Influence School Resources
3. How much can you do to get the instructional materials and equipment you need?
4. How much can you do to influence the class sizes in your school?
5. How much can you do to get through to the most difficult students?
6. How much can you do to promote learning when there is lack of support from the home?
7. How much can you do to keep students on task on difficult assignments?
8. How much can you do to increase students’ memory of what they have been taught in previous lessons?
9. How much can you do to motivate students who show low interest in schoolwork?
10.How much can you do to get students to work together?
11.How much can you do to overcome the influence of adverse community conditions on students’ learning?
12.How much can you do to get children to do their homework?
13.How much can you do to get children to follow classroom rules?
14.How much can you do to control disruptive behavior in the classroom?
15.How much can you do to prevent problem behavior on the school grounds?
Efficacy to Enlist Parental Involvement
16.How much can you do to get parents to become involved in school activities?
17.How much can you assist parents in helping their children do well in school?
18.How much can you do to make parents feel comfortable coming to school?
Efficacy to Enlist Community Involvement
19.How much can you do to get community groups involved in working with the schools?
20.How much can you do to get churches involved in working with the school?
21.How much can you do to get businesses involved in working with the school?
22.How much can you do to get local colleges and universities involved in working with the school?
Efficacy to create a Positive School Climate
23.How much can you do to make the school a safe place?
24.How much can you do to make students enjoy coming to school?
25.How much can you do to get students to trust teachers?
26.How much can you help other teachers with their teaching skills?
27.How much can you do to enhance collaboration between teachers and the administration to make the school run effectively?
28.How much can you do to reduce school dropout?
29.How much can you do to reduce school absenteeism?
30.How much can you do to get students to believe they can do well in schoolwork?
efficacy to influence decision making‚ efficacy to influence school resources‚ instructional efficacy‚ disciplinary efficacy‚ efficacy to enlist parental involvement‚ efficacy to enlist community involvement‚ and efficacy to create a positive school climate
1=Nothing‚ 2‚ 3= Very Little‚ 4‚ 5= Some Influence‚ 6‚ 7=Quite a Bit‚ 8‚ 9=A Great Deal
This instrument can be found at:http://anitawoolfolkhoy.com/instruments/