Adult Autism Spectrum Quotient (AQ-10) - Self-administered
Allison et al‚ 2012
1. I often notice small sounds when others do not
2. I usually concentrate more on the whole picture‚ rather than the small details
3. I find it easy to do more than one thing at once
4. If there is an interruption‚ I can switch back to what I was doing very quickly
5. I find it easy to ‘read between the lines’ when someone is talking to me
6. I know how to tell if someone listening to me is getting bored
7. When I’m reading a story I find it difficult to work out the characters’ intentions
8. I like to collect information about categories of things (e.g. types of car‚ types of bird‚ types of train‚ types of plant etc)
9. I find it easy to work out what someone is thinking or feeling just by looking at their face
10.I find it difficult to work out people’s intentions
Definitely Agree‚ Slightly Agree‚ Slightly Disagree Definitely
SCORING: Only 1 point can be scored for each question. Score 1 point for Definitely or Slightly Agree on each of items 1‚ 7‚ 8‚ and 10. Score 1 point for Definitely or Slightly Disagree on each of items 2‚ 3‚ 4‚ 5‚ 6‚ and 9. If the individual scores more than 6 out of 10‚ consider referring them for a specialist diagnostic assessment.
This instrument can be found at: http://docs.autismresearchcentre.com/tests/AQ10.pdf
Allison C‚ Auyeung B‚ and Baron-Cohen S‚ (2012) Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry 51(2):202-12.