1. Do things keep getting worse as you get older?
2. Do you have as much pep as you had last year?
3. How much do you feel lonely? Not much‚ A lot
4. Do little things bother you more this year?
5. Do you see enough of your friends and relatives?
6. Do you feel that as you get older you are less useful?
7. Do you sometimes worry so much that you can’t sleep?
8. As you get older‚ are things than you thought? Better‚ worse or Same
9. Do you sometimes feel that life isn’t worth living?
10. Are you as happy now as you were when you were younger?
11. Do you have a lot to be sad about?
12. Are you afraid of a lot of things?
13. Do you get mad more than you used to?
14. Is life hard much of the time?
15. How satisfied are you with your life today? Satisfied‚ Not Satisfied
16. Do you take things hard?
17. Do you get upset easily?
1. Things keep getting worse as I get older.
2. I have as much pep as I had last year.
3. How much do you feel lonely? Not much_____ A lot_____
4. Little things bother me more this year.
5. I see enough of my friends and relatives.
6. As you get older‚ you are less useful.
7. I sometimes worry so much that I can’t sleep.
8. As I get older‚ things are (better/worse) than I thought they would be. Better_____ Worse_____
9. I sometimes feel that life isn’t worth living.
10. I am as happy now as I was when I was younger.
11. I have a lot to be sad about.
12. I am afraid of a lot of things.
13. I get mad more than I used to.
14. Life is hard for me much of the time.
15. How satisfied are you with your life today? Satisfied _____ Not satisfied____
16. I take things hard.
17. I get upset easily.
18. If you could live where you wanted‚ where would you live?*
19. Most days I have plenty to do*
20. People had it better in the old days*
21. My health is (good‚ not so good)*
22. A person has to live for today and not worry about tomorrow*
Agitation: Items 4‚ 7‚ 12‚ 13‚ 16 and 17
Attitude toward our aging: Items 1‚ 2‚ 6‚ 8 and 10
Lonely dissatisfaction: Items 3‚ 5‚ 9‚ 11‚ 14 and 15
Lawton‚ M. P. (1975). The Philadelphia Geriatric Center Morale Scale: A revision. Journal of Gerontology‚ 30(1)‚ 85-89.
Liang‚ J.‚ Bollen‚ K.A. (1983). The structure of the Philadelphia Geriatric Center Morale Scale: a reinterpretation. Journal of Gerontology‚ 38:181–189.
Diane. Van Lent. (1988) The relationship of spirituality‚ self-transcendence‚ and social support to morale in chronically ill elderly. University of Arizona. master OF SCIENCE Thesis.