1. I am confident about myself as a sexual partner.
2. I think about sex all the time.
3. My sexuality is something that I am largely responsible for.
4. I am very aware of my sexual feelings.
5. I'm very motivated to be sexually active.
6. I feel anxious when I think about the sexual aspects of my life.
7. I'm very assertive about the sexual aspects of my life.
8. I am depressed about the sexual aspects of my life.
9. The sexual aspects of my life are determined mostly by chance happenings.
10. I sometimes wonder what others think of the sexual aspects of my life.
11. I am somewhat afraid of becoming sexually involved with another person.
12. I am very satisfied with the way my sexual needs are currently being met.
13. I am a pretty good sexual partner.
14. I think about sex more than anything else.
15. The sexual aspects of my life are determined in large part by my own behavior.
16. I'm very aware of my sexual motivations.
17. I'm strongly motivated to devote time and effort to sex.
18. I'm worried about the sexual aspects of my life.
19. I'm not very direct about voicing my sexual preferences. (R)
20. I am disappointed about the quality of my sex life.
21. Most things that affect the sexual aspects of my life happen to me by accident.
22. I'm very concerned with how others evaluate the sexual aspects of my life.
23. I sometimes have a fear of sexual relationships.
24. I am very satisfied with my sexual relationship.
25. I am better at sex than most other people.
26. I tend to be preoccupied with sex.
27. I am in control of the sexual aspects of my life.
28. I tend to think about my sexual feelings.
29. I have a strong desire to be sexually active.
30. Thinking about the sexual aspects of my life leaves me with an uneasy feeling.
31. I am somewhat passive about expressing my sexual desires. (R)
32. I feel discouraged about my sex life.
33. Luck plays a big part in influencing the sexual aspects of my life.
34. I'm very aware of what others think of the sexual aspects of my life.
35. I sometimes am fearful of sexual activity.
36. My sexual relationship meets my original expectations.
37. I would rate myself pretty favorably as a sexual partner.
38. I'm constantly thinking about having sex.
39. The main thing which affects the sexual aspects of my life is what I myself do.
40. I'm very alert to changes in my sexual desires.
41. It's really important to me that I involve myself in sexual activity.
42. I usually worry about the sexual aspects of my life.
43. I do not hesitate to ask for what I want in a sexual relationship.
44. I feel unhappy about my sexual relationships.
45. The sexual aspects of my life are largely a matter of (good or bad) fortune.
46. I'm concerned about how the sexual aspect of my life appears to others.
47. I don't have very much fear about engaging in sex. (R)
48. My sexual relationship is very good compared to most.
49. I would be very confident in a sexual encounter.
50. I think about sex the majority of the time.
51. My sexuality is something that I myself am in charge of.
52. I am very aware of my sexual tendencies.
53. I strive to keep myself sexually active.
54. I feel nervous when I think about the sexual aspects of my life.
55. When it comes to sex‚ I usually ask for what I want.
56. I feel sad when I think about my sexual experiences.
57. The sexual aspects of my life are a matter of fate (destiny).
58. I'm concerned about what other people think of the sexual aspects of my life.
59. I'm not very afraid of becoming sexually active. (R)
60. I am very satisfied with the sexual aspects of my life.
61. I responded to the above items based on:
(A) A current sexual relationship.
(B) A past sexual relationship.
(C) An imagined sexual relationship.
A = Not at all characteristic of me.
B = Slightly characteristic of me.
C = Somewhat characteristic of me.
D = Moderately characteristic of me.
E = Very characteristic of me.
reverse coded (items 19‚ 31‚ 47‚ and 50)
Snell‚ W. E.‚ Jr.‚ Fisher‚ T. D.‚ & Walters‚ A. S. (1993). The Multidimensional Sexuality Questionnaire: An objective self-report measure of psychological tendencies associated with sexuality. Annals of Sex Research‚ 6‚ 27-55.
Fisher‚ T. D.‚ Snell‚ W. E.‚ Jr. (1995). Validation of the Multidimensional Sexuality Questionnaire. Unpublished manuscript‚ The Ohio University at Mansfield.