Socially Desirable Response Set (SDRS-5)
Hays‚ Hayashi & Stewart‚ 1989
1. I am always courteous even to people who are disagreeable.
2. There have been occasions when I took advantage of someone.
3. I sometimes try to get even rather than to forgive and forget.
4. I sometimes feel resentful when I don't get my way.
5. No matter who I'm talking to‚ I'm always a good listener.
1 = Definitely True‚ 2 = Mostly True‚ 3 = Don’t Know‚ 4 = Mostly False‚ 5 = Definitely False
Items one and five are reverse scored
Crowne‚ D. P.‚ & Marlowe‚ D. (1960). A new scale of social desirability independent of psychopathology. Journal of Consulting Psychology‚ 24‚ 349-354.
Reynolds‚ C. R. (1982). Convergent and divergent validity of the Revised Children’s Manifest Anxiety Scale. Educational and Psychological Measurement‚ 42‚ 1205-1212.
Hays‚ R.D.‚ Hayashi‚ T.‚ & Stewart‚ A.L. (1989). A five-item measure of socially desirable response set. Educational and Psychological Measurement‚ 49(3)‚ 629-636.