Socially Desirable Response Set (SDRS-5)
Hays‚ Hayashi & Stewart‚ 1989
1. I am always courteous even to people who are disagreeable.
2. There have been occasions when I took advantage of someone.
3. I sometimes try to get even rather than to forgive and forget.
4. I sometimes feel resentful when I don't get my way.
5. No matter who I'm talking to‚ I'm always a good listener.
1 = Definitely True‚ 2 = Mostly True‚ 3 = Don’t Know‚ 4 = Mostly False‚ 5 = Definitely False
Items one and five are reverse scored
This instrument can be found at: http://www.rand.org/health/surveys_tools/sdrs.html
Hays‚ R.D.‚ Hayashi‚ T.‚ & Stewart‚ A.L. (1989). A five-item measure of socially desirable response set. Educational and Psychological Measurement‚ 49(3)‚ 629-636.