Social Provision Scale- Oluwatomiwo
1. I always have someone to share my feelings with
2. Whenever I’m depressed there will be someone who will make me happy.
3. Most times when I need interpretation to my dreams I get someone to assist.
4. I keep a company that comforts me.
5. Most times I don’t feel neglected.
6. People around me make me feel important.
7. Most times I feel someone loves me.
8. There is always someone ready to give hears to whatever borders me.
9. I keep relationships that make me feel secure.
10. I am always having someone to guide me.
11. Someone is always there to help whenever there is need for an idea.
12. Most times I get what I need in terms of advice from people.
13. I’m never short of information due to the friends I keep.
14. I have never got struck in a situation without a helper.
15. There is no one who shares my interests and concerns.
16. I always have someone to keep my company.
17. People always want me to be part of their life.
18. I have someone to run to when things get out of hand.
19. I feel the whole world is on my head.
20. I am often assisted whenever I need foodstuff.
21. I have no cause to panic because I feel someone somewhere will assist.
22. Everybody goes to work to get my needs met.
23. Most of my needs are always well-met.
24. I do get more than enough when I ask.
25. I feel refreshed at every escape from difficulties.
26. I do believe there is always an answer.
27. I am much more comfortable with the way I’m been assisted in my daily needs.
28. All the help I do receive in times of need are never enough.
29. The assistance I often receive do come at the wrong time.
30. I have never been supported by anybody.
31. Keeping friends as not been profitable to me.
32. Counting on love ones in the time of need is always discouraging.
Emotional support‚ Network support‚ Material support and Satisfaction support
Emotional support (alpha 0.885)‚ Network support (alpha 0.721)‚ Material support (alpha 0.7) and Satisfaction support (alpha 0.76)‚ Total (alpha 0.837)
SA=strongly agree to SD=strongly disagree
This instrument can be found online at: http://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/EJ1081217.pdf
Oluwatomiwo‚ Oladunmoye. Enoch. (2015). Development and Validation of Social Provision Scale on First Year Undergraduate Psychological adjustment. Journal of Education and Practice‚ 6(28)‚ 78-90.