Please enter the answer that best describes how you feel at your school. To what extent is each of the following a problem at YOUR SCHOOL?
1. Fighting (hitting and kicking) among students
2. Students wrecking school property
3. Students carrying weapons
4. Student disrespect for teachers
5. Racial tension or racism
7. Unsafe areas in the school
8. Teachers ignore it when students threaten other students
9. Teachers ignore it when students tease other students
10. Teachers not knowing what kids are up to.
This measure was adapted from the “Things That My Friends Have Done” used by the Fast Track project (Conduct Problems Prevention Research Group‚ 1998).
· School and Academics
Point values are assigned as follows:
0 = Not a problem
1 = Minor problem
2 = Moderate problem
3 = Serious problem
Multisite Violence Prevention Project. (2004). The Multisite Violence Prevention Project: Background and overview. American Journal of Preventive Medicine‚ 26(1)‚ 3-11.
U.S. Department of Education (1999-2000). Public school teacher questionnaire: Schools and staffing survey- 1999-2000 School year. Web site: http://nces.ed.gov/surveys/sass/