1. Seriously considered killing yourself because you could not live up to the expectations of other people?
2. Felt that you were in control of most situations in your life?
3. Felt hopeless about the future and you wondered if you should kill yourself?
4. Felt so unhappy about your relationship with someone you wished you were dead?
5. Thought about killing yourself because you could not accomplish something importantin your life?
6. Felt hopeful about the future because things were working out well for you?
7. Thought about killing yourself because you could not find a solution to a personalproblem?
8. Felt excited because you were doing well at school or at work?
9. Thought about killing yourself because you felt like a failure in life?
10. Thought that your problems were so overwhelming that suicide was seen as the onlyoption for you?
11. Felt so lonely or sad you wanted to kill yourself so that you could end your pain?
12. Felt confident about your ability to cope with most of the problems in your life?
13. Felt that life was worth living?
14. Felt confident about your plans for the future?
1 = None of the time‚ 2 = Very rarely‚ 3 = Some of the time‚ 4 = A good part of the time‚ 5 = Most of the time.
Positive ideation (the protective factor) includes items 2‚ 6‚ 8‚ 12‚ 13 and 14
Negative ideation (the risk factor) includes items 1‚ 3‚ 4‚ 5‚ 7‚ 9‚ 10 and 11
Osman‚ A.‚ Bagge‚ C. L.‚ Gutierrez‚ P. M.‚ Konick‚ L. C.‚ Kopper‚ B. A.‚ & Barrios‚ F. X. (2001). The suicidal behaviors questionnaire-revised (SBQR): validation with clinical and nonclinical samples. Assessment‚ 8‚ 443–454.
Osman‚ A.‚ Gutierrez‚ P. M.‚ Jiandani‚ J.‚ Kopper‚ B. A.‚ Barrios‚ F. X.‚ Linden. S. C.‚ & Truelove‚ R. S. (2003). A preliminary validation of the positive and negative suicide ideation (PANSI) inventory with normal adolescent samples. Journal of Clinical Psychology‚ 59(4)‚ 493-512.
Osman‚ A.‚ Barrios‚ F. X.‚ Gutierrez‚ P. M.‚ Wrangham‚ J. J.‚ Kopper‚ B. A.‚ Truelove‚ R. S. & Linden‚ S. C. 2002. The Positive and Negative Suicide Ideation (PANSI) Inventory: Psychometric Evaluation With Adolescent Psychiatric Inpatient Samples. Journal of Personality Assessment; 79(3); 512-530.