1. My parents ask if I’ve gotten my homework done.
2. Would your parents know if you did not comehome on time?
3. When I am not at home‚ one of my parents knowswhere I am and who I am with.
4. The rules in my family are clear.
6. If you drank some beer or wine or liquor (for example‚vodka‚ whiskey‚ or gin) without your parents’permission‚ would you be caught by your parents?
7. If you skipped school would you be caught by yourparents?
8. If you carried a handgun without your parents’permission‚ would you be caught by your parents?
This instrument can be found on page 319 of Measuring Violence-Related Attitudes‚ Behaviors‚ and Influences Among Youths: A Compendium of Assessment Tools‚ available online at: http://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/pdf/YV_Compendium.pdf
Point values are assigned as follows:
YES! = 4
yes = 3
no = 2
NO! = 1
Point values for all items are added‚ with scores ranging from 8-32. Higher scores indicate higher levels of positive parental supervision.