1. I understand my life’s meaning.
2. I am looking for something that makes my life feel meaningful.
3. I am always looking to find my life’s purpose.
4. My life has a clear sense of purpose.
5. I have a good sense of what makes my life meaningful.
6. I have discovered a satisfying life purpose.
7. I am always searching for something that makes my life feel significant.
8. I am seeking a purpose or mission for my life.
9. My life has no clear purpose.
10. I am searching for meaning in my life.
1= Absolutely Untrue‚ 2= Mostly Untrue‚ 3= Somewhat Untrue‚ 4= Can’t Say True or False‚ 5= Somewhat True‚ 6= Mostly True‚ 7= Absolutely True
Presence = 1‚ 4‚ 5‚ 6‚ & 9-reverse-coded
Search = 2‚ 3‚ 7‚ 8‚ & 10
Steger‚ M. F.‚ Frazier‚ P.‚ Oishi‚ S.‚ & Kaler‚ M. (2006). The Meaning in Life Questionnaire: Assessing the presence of and search for meaning in life. Journal of Counseling Psychology‚ 53‚ 80-93.
Steger‚ M. F.‚ & Shin‚ J. Y. (2010). The relevance of the Meaning in Life Questionnaire to therapeutic practice: A look at the initial evidence. International Forum on Logotherapy‚ 33‚ 95-104.