Burke and Neimeyer‚ 2016
1. I don’t understand why God has made it so hard for me.
2. I have withdrawn from my fellowship with other believers.
3. I go out of my way to avoid spiritual/ religious activities (e.g.‚ prayer‚ worship‚ Bible reading).
4. I no longer feel safe and protected by God.
5. I find that spiritual/religious activities are not very fulfilling (e.g.‚ prayer‚ worship‚ Bible reading)
6. I find it impossible to pray.
7. I struggle with accepting how a good God allows bad things to happen.
8. I find it difficult to surrender my life to God.
9. I don't feel as comforted by church fellowship as I used to.
10.I can’t help feeling angry with God.
11.I don't feel very much like joining in fellowship to praise God or to glorify Him.
12.The strong guiding light of my faith has grown dim and I feel lost.
13.I’m confused as to why God would let this happen.
14.I have lost my desire to worship.
15.I find it impossible to worship.
16.I feel my loss is unfair.
17.I sense the absence of God more than I do the presence of God.
18.I am a faithful believer‚ so I don't understand why God did not protect me.
Insecurity with God‚ Disruption in Religious Practice
(0) Not at all true‚ (1) A little true‚ (2) Somewhat true‚ (3) Mostly true‚ (4) Very definitely true
Insecurity with God (items 1‚ 4‚ 7‚ 10‚ 13‚ 16‚ and 18)‚ Disruption in Religious Practice items (2‚ 3‚ 5‚ 6‚ 8‚ 9‚ 11‚ 12‚ 14‚ 15‚ and 17)
This instrument can be found at: http://www.mdpi.com/2077-1444/7/6/67/pdf & https://www.researchgate.net/publication/287391818