Respond to these items using the following scale:
does notdescribe me at all 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 very much describes me
1. I would like to take a class that is unrelated to my major just because it interests me.
2. I would like to try bungee jumping‚ skydiving‚ or other adventurous activities.
3. If I had the time and money‚ I would like to travel overseas this summer.
4. I would like to explore someplace that I have never been before.
5. I would like to have several friends who are very different from each other.
6. I would like to spend a semester studying abroad.
7. I would like a job that was unusual and different.
8. I would like to have the chance to meet strangers.
9. If given the chance‚ I would enjoy exploring unusual ideas or theories.
10. I would like to explore the woods and interesting places near my town.
11. I would enjoy being introduced to new people
12. I would pick up a book on an interesting topic and read some of it.
13. If I had time‚ I would enjoy watching TV shows on interesting topics such as science‚ history‚ art‚ or
14. I would like to explore the ideas of foreign cultures.
15. I would enjoy joining a student group composed of a wide range of people I don’t know.
16. I would like to go to a modern art museum.
17. I would strike up a conversation with a stranger on a bus or airplane and open up to the person.
18. I would like to go to a party if I didn’t know very many of the people.
Source: Green‚ J. D.‚ & Campbell‚ W. K. (2000). Attachment and exploration in adults: Chronic and contextual accessibility. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin‚ 26‚ 460.