1. Sometimes you have to physically fight to get what you want.
2. I get mad easily.
3. I do whatever I feel like doing.
4. When I am mad‚ I yell at people.
5. Sometimes I break things on purpose.
6. If I feel like it‚ I hit people.
1. I like to help around the house.
2. Being part of a team is fun.
3. Helping others makes me feel good.
4. I always like to do my part.
5. It is important to do your part in helping at home.
6. Helping others is very satisfying.
The items listed under Self-Control are scored as follows:
YES! = 1
yes = 2
no = 3
NO! = 4
The Cooperation items are reverse coded. To score‚ point values for all 12 items are added. Blank items are excluded‚ with the score adjusted for the number of items completed when two or few items are blank.
The maximum obtainable score of 48 indicates a high level of conflict resolution skills. Aminimum score of 12 indicates a low level.
Phillips J‚ Springer F. Extended National Youth Sports Program 1991-1992 evaluation highlights‚
part two: Individual Protective Factors Index (IPFI) and risk assessment study. Report prepared for theNational Collegiate Athletic Association. Sacramento‚ CA: EMT Associates‚ 1992.
Springer‚ J.F. & Phillips‚ J. (1997). Individual Protective Factors Index (IPFI): A Measure of Adolescent Resiliency. Folsom‚ CA: EMT Associates‚ Inc.