1. My friends say that I argue a lot.
2. Other people always seem to get the breaks.
3. I flare up quickly‚ but get over it quickly.
4. I often find myself disagreeing with people.
5. At times I feel I have gotten a raw deal out of life.
6. I can’t help getting into arguments when people disagree with me.
7. At times I get very angry for no good reason.
8. I may hit someone if he or she provokes me.
9. I wonder why sometimes I feel so bitter about things.
10. I have threatened people I know.
11. Someone has pushed me so far that I hit him or her.
12. I have trouble controlling my temper.
13. If I’m angry enough‚ I may mess up someone’s work.
14. I have been mad enough to slam a door when leaving someone behind in the room.
15. When people are bossy‚ I take my time doing what they want‚ just to show them.
16. I wonder what people want when they are nice to me.
17. I have become so mad that I have broken things.
18. I sometimes spread gossip about people I don’t like.
19. I am a calm person. (Reverse scored)
20. When people annoy me‚ I may tell them what I think of them.
21. I sometimes feel that people are laughing at me behind my back.
22. I let my anger show when I do not get what I want.
23. At times I can’t control the urge to hit someone.
24. I get into fights more than most people.
25. If somebody hits me‚ I hit back.
26. I tell my friends openly when I disagree with them.
27. If I have to resort to violence to protect my rights‚ I will.
28. I do not trust strangers who are too friendly.
29. At times I feel like a bomb ready to explode.
30. When someone really irritates me‚ I might give him or her silent treatment.
31. I know that “friends” talk about me behind my back.
32. Some of my friends think I am a hothead.
33. At times I am so jealous I can’t think of anything else.
34. I like to play practical jokes.
Physical Aggression Scale Item Responses:
Verbal Aggression Scale Item Responses:
Anger Scale Item Responses:
Hostility Scale Item Responses:
Indirect Aggression Scale Item Responses:
Subscale (coefficient alpha): Physical Aggression (0.88)‚ Verbal Aggression ( .76)‚ Anger (.78)‚ Hostility (.82)‚ Indirect Aggression ( .71) and Total scale (.94) (Buss & Warren‚ 2000).
This instrument can be found at: http://shodhganga.inflibnet.ac.in/bitstream/10603/4125/16/16_appendix.pdf
1 Not at all like me 2 A little like me 3 Somewhat like me 4 Very much like me 5 Completely like me – Missing Response
Buss‚ A. H.‚ & Warren‚ W. L. (2000). Aggression Questionnaire: Manual. Los Angeles: Western Psychological Services.