This version of the questionnaire was used for a study of internalization with an uninteresting computer task (Deci et al.‚ 1994).
ACTIVITY PERCEPTION QUESTIONNAIRE
The following items concern your experience with the task. Please answer all items. For each item‚ please indicate how true the statement is for you‚ using the following scale as a guide:
not at all
1. I believe that doing this activity could be of some value for me.
2. I believe I had some choice about doing this activity.
3. While I was doing this activity‚ I was thinking about how much I enjoyed it.
4. I believe that doing this activity is useful for improved concentration.
5. This activity was fun to do.
6. I think this activity is important for my improvement.
7. I enjoyed doing this activity very much.
8. I really did not have a choice about doing this activity.
9. I did this activity because I wanted to.
10. I think this is an important activity.
11. I felt like I was enjoying the activity while I was doing it.
12. I thought this was a very boring activity.
13. It is possible that this activity could improve my studying habits.
14. I felt like I had no choice but to do this activity.
15. I thought this was a very interesting activity.
16. I am willing to do this activity again because I think it is somewhat useful.
17. I would describe this activity as very enjoyable.
18. I felt like I had to do this activity.
19. I believe doing this activity could be somewhat beneficial for me.
20. I did this activity because I had to.
21. I believe doing this activity could help me do better in school.
22. While doing this activity I felt like I had a choice.
23. I would describe this activity as very fun.
24. I felt like it was not my own choice to do this activity.
25. I would be willing to do this activity again because it has some value for me.