1. I can concentrate on one activity for a long time‚ if necessary.
2. If I am distracted from an activity‚ I don't have any problem coming back to the topic quickly.
3. If an activity arouses my feelings too much‚ I can calm myself down so that I can continue with the activity soon.
4. If an activity requires a problem-oriented attitude‚ I can control my feelings.
5. It is difficult for me to suppress thoughts that interfere with what I need to do. (–)
6. I can control my thoughts from distracting me from the task at hand.
7. When I worry about something‚ I cannot concentrate on an activity. (–)
8. After an interruption‚ I don't have any problem resuming my concentrated style of working.
9. I have a whole bunch of thoughts and feelings that interfere with my ability to work in a focused way. (–)
10.I stay focused on my goal and don’t allow anything to distract me from my plan of action.
Note: (–) indicates the item has to be reversed
This instrument can be found at: http://www.ralfschwarzer.de/
(1) not at all true‚ (2) barely true‚ (3) moderately true‚ (4) exactly true