Work & Well-being Survey (DUBS)
Never‚ Almost never‚ Rarely‚ Sometimes‚ Often‚ Very often‚ Always
1. At work‚ time goes by very slowly.
2. I feel bored at my job.
3. At work‚ I spend my time aimlessly.
4. At my job‚ I feel restless.
5. During work time I daydream.
6. It seems as if my working day never ends.
7. I tend to do other things during my work.
8. At my work‚ there is not so much to do.
Work & Well-being Survey (DUWAS-short version)
1= (Almost) never‚ 2= Sometimes‚ 3= Often‚ 4= (Almost) always
1. I seem to be in a hurry and racing against the clock
2. I find myself continuing to work after my co-workers have called it quits
3. It’s important to me to work hard even when I don’t enjoy what I’m doing
4. I stay busy and keep many irons in the fire
5. I feel that there’s something inside me that drives me to work hard
6. I spend more time working than on socializing with friends‚ on hobbies‚ or on leisure activities
7. I feel obliged to work hard‚ even when it’s not enjoyable
8. I find myself doing two or three things at one time such as eating lunch and writing a memo‚ while talking on the telephone
9. I feel guilty when I take time off work
10.It is hard for me to relax when I’m not working
1. At my work‚ I feel bursting with energy* (VI1)
2. I find the work that I do full of meaning and purpose (DE1)
3. Time flies when I'm working (AB1)
4. At my job‚ I feel strong and vigorous (VI2)*
5. I am enthusiastic about my job (DE2)*
6. When I am working‚ I forget everything else around me (AB2)
7. My job inspires me (DE3)*
8. When I get up in the morning‚ I feel like going to work (VI3)*
9. I feel happy when I am working intensely (AB3)*
10.I am proud on the work that I do (DE4)*
11.I am immersed in my work (AB4)*
12.I can continue working for very long periods at a time (VI4)
13.To me‚ my job is challenging (DE5)
14.I get carried away when I’m working (AB5)*
15.At my job‚ I am very resilient‚ mentally (VI5)
16.It is difficult to detach myself from my job (AB6)
17.At my work I always persevere‚ even when things do not go well (VI6)
Shortened version (UWES-9); VI= vigor; DE = dedication; AB = absorption
Working excessively (1‚ 2‚ 4‚ 6‚ 8); Working compulsively (3‚ 5‚ 7‚ 9‚ 10)
Schaufeli W‚ Taris T. Technical information. Dutch Work Addiction Scale (DUWAS) 2004. [Consultado el 12 de abril de 2012]. Disponible en: http://www.schaufeli.com
Taris‚ T. W.‚ Schaufeli‚ W. B.‚ & Verhoeven‚ L. C. (2005). Internal and external validation of the Dutch Work Addiction Risk Test: Implications for jobs and non-work conflict. Journal of Applied Psychology: An International Review‚ 54‚ 37-60.
Schaufeli‚ Wilmar B.‚ Shimazu‚ Akihito.‚ and Taris‚ Toon W. (2009). Being Driven to Work Excessively Hard: The Evaluation of a Two-Factor Measure of Workaholism in the Netherlands and Japan‚ Cross-Cultural Research‚ 43(4)‚ 320-348.
Schaufeli W‚ Van Wijhe C‚ Peeters M‚ Taris T. Workaholisme‚ een begrip gemeten. Utrecht: Universiteit Utrecht; 2010