2. Violence between dating partners can improve the relationship.
3. Girls sometimes deserve to be hit by the boys they date.
4. A girl who makes her boyfriend jealous on purpose deserves to be hit.
5. Boys sometimes deserve to be hit by the girls they date.
6. A girl angry enough to hit her boyfriend must love him very much.
7. There are times when violence between dating partners is okay.
8. A boy who makes his girlfriend jealous on purpose deserves to be hit.
9. Sometimes violence is the only way to express your feelings.
10. Some couples must use violence to solve their problems.
11. Violence between dating partners is a personal matter and people should not interfere.
Foshee‚ V. A.‚ Linder‚ G.‚ F.‚ Bauman‚ K. E.‚ Langwick‚ S. A.‚ Arriaga‚ X. B.‚ Heath‚ J. L.‚ McMahon‚ P. M.‚ & Bangdiwala‚ S. (1996). The Safe Dates Project: Theoretical basis‚ evaluation design‚ and selected baseline findings. American Journal of Preventive Medicine‚ 12 (5‚ Supplement)‚ 39-47.
Other Reference(s): Foshee‚ V. A.‚ Bauman‚ K. E.‚ Zrriaga‚ X.‚ Helms‚ R. W.‚ Koch‚ G. G.‚ & Linder‚ G. F. (1998). An evaluation of Safe Dates‚ an adolescent dating violence prevention program. American Journal of Public Health‚ 88 (1)‚ 45-50.
Other: The scale is published in Dahlberg‚ L.‚ Toal‚ S. B.‚ & Behrens‚ C. B. (1998). Measuring violence-related attitudes‚ beliefs‚ and behaviors among youths: A compendium of assessment tools. Atlanta‚ GA: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention‚ National Center for Injury Prevention and Control.