1. A student teased me to make me angry.
2. A student beat me up.
3. A student said things about me to make other studentslaugh (made fun of me).
4. Other students encouraged me to fight.
5. A student pushed or shoved me.
6. A student asked me to fight.
7. A student slapped or kicked me.
8. A student called me (or my family) bad names.
9. A student threatened to hurt me or to hit me.
10. A student tried to hurt my feelings.
Violence and Bullying
Delinquency and Antisocial Behavior
This instrument can be found on page 264 of Measuring Violence-Related Attitudes‚ Behaviors‚ and Influences Among Youths: A Compendium of Assessment Tools‚ available online at: http://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/pdf/YV_Compendium.pdf
For each question‚ indicate how many times you did something during the last 7 days. Number of times 0‚ 1‚ 2‚ 3‚ 4‚ 5‚ and 6+
This scale is scored by adding the responses; the range is between 0 and 66 points. Each point represents one instance of victimization reported by the student during the week prior to the survey. If three or more items are missing‚ the score cannot be computed. If two or less items are missing‚ these values are replaced by the respondent’s average.
Orpinas P‚ Kelder S. Students for Peace Project. Second student evaluation. Houston‚ TX: Universityof Texas Health Science Center at Houston‚ Schoolof Public Health‚ 1995.