1. My heart raced or beat strongly.
2. My breath was short.
3. I had an upset stomach.
4. I felt like things were not real or like I was outside of myself.
5. I felt like I was losing control.
6. I was afraid of being judged by others.
7. I was afraid of being humiliated or embarrassed.
8. I had difficulty falling asleep.
9. I had difficulty staying asleep.
10. I was irritable.
11. I had outbursts of anger.
12. I had difficulty concentrating.
13. I was easily startled or upset.
14. I was less interested in doing something I typically enjoy.
15. I felt detached or isolated from others.
16. I felt like I was in a daze.
17. I had a hard time sitting still.
18. I worried too much.
19. I could not control my worry.
20. I felt restless‚ keyed up‚ or on edge.
21. I felt tired.
22. My muscles were tense.
23. I had back pain‚ neck pain‚ or muscle cramps.
24. I felt like I had no control over my life.
25. I felt like something terrible was going to happen to me.
26. I was concerned about my finances.
27. I was concerned about my health.
28. I was concerned about my children.
29. I was afraid of dying.
30. I was afraid of becoming a burden to my family or children.
GERIATRIC ANXIETY SCALE-10 ITEM VERSON (GAS-10)
I was irritable.
I felt detached or isolated from others.
I felt like I was in a daze.
I had a hard time sitting still.
I could not control my worry.
I felt restless‚ keyed up‚ or on edge.
I felt tired.
My muscles were tense.
I felt like I had no control over my life.
I felt like something terrible was going to happen to me.
0=Not at all/ 1=Sometimes/ 2=Most of the time/ 3=All of the time
Total Score = sum of items 1 through 25.
Somatic subscale (9 items) = sum of items 1‚ 2‚ 3‚ 8‚ 9‚ 17‚ 21‚ 22‚ 23
Cognitive subscale (8 items) = sum of items 4‚ 5‚ 12‚ 16‚ 18‚ 19‚ 24‚ 25
Affective subscale (8 items) = sum of items 6‚ 7‚ 10‚ 11‚ 13‚ 14‚ 15‚ 20
Segal‚ D. L.‚ June‚ A.‚ Payne‚ M.‚ Coolidge‚ F. L.‚ & Yochim‚ B. (2010). Development and initial validation of a self-report assessment tool for anxiety among older adults: The Geriatric Anxiety Scale. Journal of Anxiety Disorders‚ 24‚ 709-714. DOI: 10.1016/j.janxdis.2010.05.002
Mueller‚ Anne Elizabeth. 2014 .Psychometric properties of the geriatric anxiety scale in community-dwelling‚ clinical‚ and medical samples of older adults. A dissertation submitted to the Graduate Faculty of the University of Colorado Colorado Springs in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy. Department of Psychology University of Colorado Colorado Springs. Kraemer Family Library.